We are now using Modesmixer2 on the front end to receive multiple feeds to the same port 41000, existing contributors just need to change the format from the the rebroadcast feed from “compressed vrs” to “basestation”. New contributors please just follow the guide below.
If you are a user of Virtual Radar Server (http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/) below is the simple process to share your traffic with our own free vrs server:
- Go to “Tools -> Options” and add a merged feed that contains all of your receivers (if you don’t already have one). If you have only one receiver, you can ignore this step.
- Click on “Rebroadcast Servers” and click the green “+” symbol to add a rebroadcast server
- For “Name” enter something descriptive like “Wigan Radar”
- For “Receiver” Choose your merged feed created in Step 1, or the name of your receiver. It may just be “receiver”.
- For “Format” Choose either “Basestation” or “Basestation+MLAT”
- Check the “Push Feed” box
- For “Address” enter “vrs.wiganradar.co.uk” (without quotes)
- Port – Set to 41000
- Passphrase – leave blank
- Max Message Age – leave at 3 seconds
- Send keep-alive packets – do not check
- Idle timeout – 900 seconds recommended
Below is a screenshot of how it should look when finished. Just click “OK” and you’re done. Check the global radar page for your traffic!
If your using a raspberry pi be sure to check out our post on how to feed Wigan Radar Server using our client:~